This blog will express views on Indian Stock Market, Wit, Chennai, Travel, Reflections, Current affairs, Music, Movies and photography. Emotions are reflected through some film lyrics which get posted regularly. I am Jack of all trades and trying to become master of few ! :) Hope you will end up liking the blog.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
IPL - Semi finals
I was reminded of India Vs Pakistan Friday Sharjah matches when Punjab and Delhi fumbled like this....
Let us see whats in store for finals between Intelligent Royals Vs Street Smart SuperKings !!!
Monday, May 26, 2008
BJP's karnataka victory
Things to watch out:
1. There are no secular vote, communal vote. In fact, so called secular votes tilted to BJP.
2. BJP should view this result as a vote for change and should focus on good governance.
3. BJP should go for alliance if they want to focus on Lok Sabha elections.
4. Voters have a general tendency to vote for Congress for Lok Sabha elections, hence BJP should not end up day dreaming and get themselves right.
5. Congress should get their cadre base to work instead of focusing on freebies.
Friday, May 23, 2008
ADA - Music Review
This album would appeal only to two category of people - Rahman's die hard fans & serious music followers.
Others are strictly advised to avoid this album and better take shelter with your regular, comfortable music which you are used to :(
Only the ishq ada, gum sum jil mil track sounds decent and the rest are all sleepy, below average, lacklustre, experimental tunes in 1960-1980s mode !!!
After listening to the songs, i expect the movie to be an emotional sack. This album would flop heavily and can find a place along with Lakeer, kabhi na kabhi, kadhal virus etc...
Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na - Music Review
1) Kabhi Kabhi Aditi Zindagi - sung by Rashid Ali
Catchy, peppy, additictive number. Pick of the album. Rashid Ali freaks out with little feminine tint. Lovely use of guitar.
Rashid held his voice beautifully in high pitch as ice as normal singing. This song is sure to to be in eveyrone's lips through 2008.
2) Pappu Cant Dance by Anupama, Benny Dayal, Blazee, Tanvi, Darshana, Satish Subramanium, Aslam
Another catchy, peppy, energetic number. Cool lyrics, well sung by the gang. Good support by Blazee. All kind of voice you hear - techno, screamy, scratchy etc... Another sure hit from this album.
3) Jaane Tu Mera Kya Hai (Aditi) - sung by Runa
Situational song describing transit from friendship to Love. Simple tune.
4) Nazrein Milaana Nazrein Churaana sung by Benny Dayal, Satish Chakravarthy, Naresh Iyer, Darshana, Shwetha, Tanvi, Bhargavi, Anupama
Another fast number. Big gang is singing cant make out who is when !!
5) kahi to hogi ho - sung by Rashid Ali, Vasundhara Das
Soothing tune, average.
6) Tu Bole Main Boloon - sung by AR. Rahman
Rahman has composed this Jazz number after Sillunnu Oru Kadhal.Seductive humming, superb use of Sax, catchy tune. Drumming and guitar compliments Sax finely in this song. This tune would catch up with picturisation effect, i suppose.
7) Jaane Tu Meri Kya Hai (Jai) - sung by Sukhwindher Singh
Sounds like a pathos version for me. Instrumentation is different from Runa's version, with chorus. Sukhwindher elevates this simple tune with his energetic, high pitch singing.
8) Pappu Cant Dance (Remix) sung by Anupama, Benny Dayal, Blazee, Tanvi, Darshana, Satish Subramanium, Aslam
Surprise remix with more techno sound.
Lyrics of Abbas Tyrewala are simple and straight forward. Special kudos for Damn cute lyrics in Aditi song. Rahman has done enough justice to the launch pad of Aamir Khan's nephew Imran Khan for sure :)
Thursday, May 22, 2008
On IPL 2008
1. Well organised, damn well marketed
2. Lalit Modi demonstrated amazing energy, travelled almost non-stop, solving trivial to huge issues everywhere.
3. Yuvaraj & Rahul Dravid - didnt perform well as captain; VVS was damn lucky to get away.
4. Fielding ability - let down by most teams
5. Best match - Mumbai Indians Vs Punjab; Punjab's bowling in this match was disaster !! Run Outs saved the day :)
6. Players to watch out - Yusuf Pathan, Gony, Dhawan, Badrinath, Ashok Dinda,
7. Players to chuck out - Agarkar, Chanderpaul
8. Captains not remembering their team mates name continued to be a bad joke until they started noting down on paper !!
9. Repeated episodes proved that there is no great dressing room interaction as hyped !!!
1. Bhajji - Sreesanth slap row was the worse one could have imagined. Really bad.
2. Rest of controversies like Ganguly-SRK spat, umpiring issues were hypes of media more than the nature of issue.
3. SRK's dug out row was a bad joke on hero in a serious movie.
4. Vijay Mallya's outburst and his retreat did not add any value to his image.
1. Abolish cheergirls tamasha and replace with chennai sangamam like concept
2. Walk around the stadium by players can be introduced as a routine to facilitate photographing, autographing etc...
3. Two players in fielding side can be given base ball kind of glove. This would bring some more interesting twists in a batsman's match !!!
4. Picture Clarity to help decision making pls.... Ganguly - Smith catch episode, Mumbai Indian Smith-Marsh Run-Out re-plays are notable failures !!!
Prediction for next year:
1. ICON player concept could go
2. Two more cities could come on board
3. More filmstars especially female stars could join the party
4. What about Official betting... think it would add lot of fun !!!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Arushi's murder & Media
All hell broke lose, it turned out to twin murder rocks delhi story in media.
5 days have gone by. If one follows the media, phone records are out, every one who are close to family are being suspected, police entry to (inspection visit) of garage videotapes are freely available.
One wonders, what is the mood of the family? They suffered huge loss but they are hounded madly by media. Looks like, media is inspecting the case more than the delhi police !!!!!!!
I pity Arushi's parents, i am very sorry for them. Their privacy should be respected. Media has definitely crossed the limits in covering this news for sure :(
Update 11-July- 2008: Finally, almost after 50 days, Dr Rajesh Talwar was let off and the servants booked for arushi's murder. What an ordeal it must have been for everyone who were connected with this investigation...
Sunday, May 18, 2008
B4U Music - Titbits
1. Fell in love with Badi Albeli Hai Tu song from the hindi movie Khushboo. Music by Adnan Sami. Lovely beats, very energitically sung by Udit Narayan & Sunidhi Chauhan.
One more lovely song Kyon Hai Mujhe lagta is sung by Adnan Sami and Shreya Ghosal. Try it folks...
2. De Taali's title track has got fabulous rhythm.
3. Two old people Sunil Dutt and Manisha Koirala are dancing to the tune of Mehboob's song. Music by Ismail Darbur. Poor track.
4. Mere Baap Pehle Aap's trailors are very good and catchy. Priyadarshan (only consistent successful director of Hindi Movies from south) makes this one really cool. A movie trailors is supposed to introduce the movie to audience which our priyadarshan executes cleanly. Just compare with trailors of Tashan, Black & White - one can see the difference. Mahesh Bhat groups comes next in producing good trailors.
5. Sarkar Raj trailor is damn good. Looks like RGV is back with a vengence. Bird inside me tells that gorgeous Ash would steal the show in the movie than others.
6. Finally, Jaane Tu Song - Aditi song is catchy and cool. Pappu cant dance track starts of well and lyrics are good. But Who is pappu - trust it is not Salman Khan !!!
Friday, May 16, 2008
Gaana - Bajana tag
Sorry folks... No time to provide links, do buzz me if you want any song from this list !!
Kurai Ondrum Illai – with the great MS voice
Enna Thavam Seithanai
It’s my life – Bon Jovi
Idhu Kuzhandai paadum thaaluttu - Oru thalai raagam
Vellai Pookal - kannathil Muthamittal
We didnt start the fire - Billy Joel
Heal the world - Michael Jackson
Pehla Nasha — Jo Jeeta Wo Hi Sikandar
Vizhiyil vizhundhu – Alaigal Oyvathillai
Partha Vizhi partha padi - Guna
Kumari - Anniyan
Oh Dil Banjaara - maaya memsaab
Love me Do – Beatles
As long as you love me - Back street boys
Peter Andre - Mysterious Girl
Falling in love:
Germaniyin senthen nilave – Ullasa Paravaigal
Oh Sona - Vaali
Kana kanum kaalangal - 7G Rainbow Colony
Ennavaley - Gentleman
Pottu Vaitha - Idhayam
Kadhal Vandhal - Iyarkaikai
kalamellam Kadhal Vaazhga
Nalam nalam ariya aaval - Kadhal Kottai
Main Shayar toh nahin – Bobby
Khamoshi Raat – Thakshak
Jiya dhatak - Kalyug
Kuch to hua hai - Kal ho Na ho
Do dil mil rahey hain - Pardes
pehla pehla pyar hai - Hum Aapke hain kaun
hum tum - hum tum
Nothings gonna change my love for you
You Are beautiful - James Blunt
Lady in Red - Chris De burgh
I would do anything for you - Meat Loaf
Piyu Bole Hole Hole – Parineeta
O-Rey Chori - Lagaan
Andhi Mazhai – Raaja paarvai
Telephone mani pol – Indian (for the wonderful lyrics)
Sahana - Sivaji
Poo malarthida - Tik Tik Tik
Appadi parkarathu ellam venam - Ivan
Vennileve - Minsara Kanavu
En Kanmani - Chittu Kuruvi
Thoda thoda - Indira
My heart will go on - Celine Dion
Sotta Sotta – Taj Mahal
Chinna Chinna - En Suvasa katrey
Rim Jim – 1942 A Love Story
Kaatte nahi - Mr India
Singampole — Dhool
My name is billa - Rajini's Billa
Eeramana Rojavey Ennai parthu moodathey -
Hey good bye nanba – Aaitha Ezhuthu
Pardesi - Raja Hindustani
Vaigai karai kaatre nillu - Uyirullavarai Usha
Poongodi than - Idhayam
Vaan uyartha solayile - Idhayakoil
Tadap Tadap is dil - Hum dil de chuke sanam
Lambi Judaai - Hero
Judaai mein - Kareeb
Bheege Hont Tere — Murder
Pyaar Hua Chupke Se– 1942 A Love Story
Adi Aathadi - Kadalora kavithaigal
Kodiyile - Kadalora kavithaigal
Mangalyam - Alai Payudhey
Keladi kanmani - Pudhu pudhu arthangal
Banno raani - 1947 Earth
Mehndi - DDLJ
Chunari chunari - Biwi No 1
Uchi vaguntheduthu - Rosappu Ravikkai-kari
Vaasamilla Malar Idhu - Oru thalai Raagam
Sakkarai Nilavey - Shajahan
Nilavu Thoongum neram - Kunguma Chimizh
Poongathu - Mudhal Mariyadhai
Raasave unna nambi - Mudhal Mariyadhai
Kava Kava - Monsoon Wedding
Please forgive me - Bryan Adams
Everything I do - Bryan Adams
Show me the meaning - Back street boys
Last Christmas - Wham
Right here waiting - Richard marx
You Sang to Me - Marc Antony
Akele hain - QSQT
Yaadein (hariharan) - Yaadein
So Gaya - Tezaab
Nahi Saamne - Taal
Tere Bina - Guru
Thaniye - Rhythm
Yenna Satham - Punnagai Mannan
Ilaya Nila - Payanangal Mudivathillai
Yenai kaanavillaye - kadhal desam
Ek hasin nigah ka - Maya memsaab
Mr Lonely - Akon
kalayil Dhinamum - New
Malarthun Malaradha - Paalum Pazhamum
Naan Pesa - Paalum Pazhamum
Vennileve - vettayadu vilayadu
Sollamal Thottu - Dheena
Iruvathu Kodi nilagul - Thullatha manamum thullum
Mellinamey - Shajahan
Minnalai Pidithu - Shajahan
Ennai Konjam Maatri - Kakka Kakka
Katrukku enna veli - Bairavi
Yun hi chala chal - Swades
diwana dil - pardes
Dil Chahta Hai - Dil Chahta Hai
Aaj se pehle - Yesudoss
Gori tera - Yesudoss
Sunayna - Yesudoss
Yello Submarine - Beatles
Shalalala - Vengaboys
Mustafa Mustafa - Kadhal Desam
Roobaro - Rang De Basanti
Penn ondru kanden - Padithal mattum poduma
Eeswara vaanum mannum - Kannedhire Thondrinal
Chalte chalte - Chalte chalte
Alvida - Life in a Metro
Deep thought & Learning:
Ettukulle ulagam - Basha
Sonnalum Ketpathillai - Kadhal Virus
Vandha Naal Muthal - paava mannippu
Theivam thandha veedu - aval oru thodarkathai
raaja enbar - Bhuvana oru kelvikuri
Raaman aandalum - Mullum Malarum
Ovvoru pookalume - Autograph
Tholvi nilayena ninaithal - Pulan visaranai
You got the fast car - Tracy Chapman
oru Iniya manathu - Jonny
Pani Vizhum malar vanam - Ninaivellam nithya
Poovey poochooda vaa - Poovey poochooda vaa
Andha Naal Nyabagam
Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
This used to be my playground - Madonna
Jaadu hai nasha hai - Jism
Hey Ajnabi - Dil Se
Anjali Anjali — Anjali
Quey zara zara - Pukar
Dhoom Machaley - Dhoom
Thunuk Thunk - Daler Mehendi
Bure Bure - Bluff Master
Aal thotta bhoopathy - Youth
appadi podu - Gilli
Waiting for tonight - J Lo
Livin' La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin
Aserjee - Las Ketchup
Hips dont like - Shakira & Any balle balle song !!!
Partying: (Alone or select few in Home)
Piano Man – Billy Joel
Dancing in the dark - Bruce springsteen
We will rock you - Queen
Uptown girl - Billy Joel
Hotel California - Eagles
Just chill - Maine Pyar Kyon Kiya
Sajna ve sajna - Chameli
Koi kahen - Dil Chaata hai
Move your body - Jonnny Gaddar
I see you baby - Boom
Tanha Tanha - Rangeela (preferably in video)
Beedi Chale - Omkara (preferably in video)
Fanaa - Yuva
Yendrundrum punnagai - alaipayuthey
Muqabla - Gentleman
Regret or Pathos song:
Jeena Yahan Marna Yahan — Mera Naam Joker
Unna Nenachen — Aboorva Sagodharargal
Thenpaandi - Nayagan
Anbe Sugama - Paarthale Paravasam
Some songs i really like but donno where to classify
maye ni maye - Hum Aapke hain kaun
Aarum adhu azhamille - Mudhal Vasantham
kavalapadathey - Kadhal Kottai
aathadi paavadai kathada - Poovilangu
manoothu mandhayile - Kizhakku Seemayile
Kadhal Siragai - Paalum Pazhamum
To get Sleep:
How to Name It - Ilayaraja's album (ultimate soothing, peaceful, never failed sleeping pill)
Danku takkara danku takkara (besin bridge beat) - Big relief, no more EMIs :)
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Chennai Engineering college admissions
1) Plus two marks have come and the rush for engineering admission started in Tamil Nadu.
According to the trends, the fancy for engineering seat is at the highest and the capitation fee has hit the roof. No one is apparantly talking anything less than 5 Lacs and the rate is going at 8-9 lacs for the most fancies courses. Tamil Nadu police says they cant take any action against colleges as they have not received any complaints !!!
2) Looks like tapping Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary's phone is a child's play. Deccan Chronicle revealed two tapes some time back on Kodanad estate issue. Latest was released by Subramanian Swamy. This tape had conversation of Minister Poongothai with DVAC Chief. Incidentally, The Hindu paper has time to write editorial on every topic happening around the world other than phone tapping scams.
3. Chennai temperature steadily hovering around 41 degrees. So dont come to chennai until atleast end of may. Who ever living in chennai, take shelter under a/c.
4. Very mixed reports on Kuruvi success. Lot of my friends are telling, that they are able to get across the counter ticket. Who ever reserves are of "funny character" in their opinion.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Another City, Another Serial Blast
"Barbaric attack on the innocent people"
"We will bring the capture the culprits behind the blast and bring them to books"
"Don't politicise the issue"
"Soft on terror"
"Help of Foreign Hand seen"
"Intelligence alert was issued before 3 months to ------"
I am really scared about terrorism spreading to small cities... Pray god would give us strength to live despite the odds...
Update: India is competing with Israel, Palestine, Lebanon on number of terrorist strikes !!! & the last two blast cases remain un-solved.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Intelligence against Nature
But we consistently failed to track the nature in terms of erupting volcanos, earth quakes, tsumanis etc... How come no sign of warnings for devastating China's earth quake?
Instead, we spend so much of money against military power, spy satellites, one stupid oil war on Iraq (& the price of Oil is trading at historical high of $125), submaries, war tanks, lovely modern guns etc... Sad indeed :(
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Man U - EPL Crown
Kudos to Alex Ferguson, Rooney, Giggs, Ronaldo & Tevez for holding on with the gruelling schedule.
Turkey F1 - Massa's hat-trick
Kubica, Rosberg had a good race. Force India's Fischella drove as if he is driving a metro water lorry in crowded JC Road before crashing... He had a real bad week end.... Super sunday for Ferrari !!!
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Vodafone / Hutch Pug - Customer service TV Commercial - Lyrics
Latest controversy was alleged that Pug was can not run long distances.... & Vodafone management defended ....
Anyway, I liked the new customer service television commercial of Vodafone very much... Hence, i give the lyrics below and the link in which people can see.... It is also shown during IPL matches ...
Every day i want to fly - stay by my side
Every day i want to dream - stay by my side
Every morning i wish i could just play
Wish the mornings to just stay
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Movie - There will be Blood
The movie starts and grows very slowly and might test the patience of viewers who are used fast action movies. But great acting by protoganists, competition between them, hatred between them is narrated so nicely, one cant just sit quiet without appreciating it.
The photography is outstanding, film background so natural and greatly supported by original background score - Jonny Greenwood. His background score during the oil drill accident scene is still haunting my ears. Recommended only for serious movie goers, well crafted movie.
Movie - No Country for Old Men
The three key characters are fascinating, and the performances of the actors playing them are just as good. Javier Bardem gets the over-the-top role, as psycho killer (Anton Chigurh), hired by bad guys to track down $2 million that’s gone missing from a drug deal gone bad. Josh Brolin plays the noir anti-hero, (Llewelyn Moss), an alienated Texan who stumbles upon the cash and then sets out to keep it, even if Chigurh’s pursuit is relentless and a brutal outcome seems inevitable. And Tommy Lee Jones adds the western element – and much of the subtlety – as the world weary Sherriff Ed Tom Bell, who pursues both Moss and Chigurh
Many of Bardem's scenes are memorable. Slow narration, dark and natural photography, limited dialogues make the movie very interesting to watch. Background score hums only when it is absolutely necessary.
This movie is a lesson for movie makers who try to scare the viewers with hell lot of fights, bombs, sound effects.... Hence, dont miss it.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Movie - Borat
is a very funny movie (or documentary) as it captures the narrator shifting from Kazakhstan to USA to make documentary. His experiences are captured as it happens and he finally gets back to his town.
Amazingly hilarious movie barring couple of incidents, beautifully narrated script, lovely natural set-up for the movie makes the narration believable. Some scenes like driving school experience, dinner engagement with guests, or his english (learnt with set of blacks boys) getting backfired in hotel by white guys... damn funny.
Some of the antics of Borat (Sacha Baron Cohenare) are really funny and it is convincing due to his smiling face. Very different movie... Watch it... Can we call this as mocumentary ?
Movie - Superbad
Jonah Hill as Seth performed amazingly well and carries the movie on his shoulders. Christopher and McLovin provides damn good support compared to the second hero Michael (Evan).
Movie narration is very natural and doesnot provide great laughs post first 30 -40 minutes but this movie engages you fully and convincingly.
Terrible cops spoils the show to some extent and the over all rating is "worth watching". Far better than some of the americal pie series.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Indian Stock market Outlook - May 2008
Stocks have rallied smartly through April 2008 and placed at good levels. I predict this current rally to fizzle out around 18250 to 18500 levels some time in May. Cement, Steel, capital goods sectors are ignored, Technology / IT stocks, Banks (private banks in particular), real estate, telecom, pharma,Oil and FMCG rallied considerably in april.
The markets rallied due to shortage of stock supply rather than a strong apptetite of buying - lack of volumes are a proof for this logic.
Hence, it would be difficult for this rally to gain strengh above 18500 levels. Inflation, airline bankruptcies, US credit card defaults and US housing market trends would decide the future course of markets.
Q4 – India Earnings Report
I record my ratings to this Quarterly result of Indian Corporate, not in any particular order…. Strictly based on what is reported and not based on future outlook or movement of stock prices;
- GVK Power
- Axis Bank (Set some standards – excellent management)
- Infosys Tech
- Satyam Comp
- India Bull Securities
- Motilal Oswal Securities
- India Infoline
- HDFC Bank
- Bank of India
- Yes Bank
- Reliance Capital (Topline growth is outstanding)
- IDFC (Future Heavyweight of finserv)
- Sterlite Industries
- Mahindra Lifespace
- Bharti (Airtel)
- Nicolas Piramal
- NOIDA Toll
- Power Grid
- Mindtree Consulting
- Karuturi network (KNL)
Okay-Okay or Neither Here Nor There
- Reliance Industries
- ICICI Bank
- IDEA (Topline growth not good)
- Ranbaxy (Profitability is not improving)
- HDFC Ltd
- Bhushan Steel
- Canara Bank (Struggling to grow)
- Indian Bank (Struggling to grow)
- LIC Housing
- Jain Irrigation
- NTPC Ltd
- HCL Tech
- ZEE television
- Videocon Industries
- Gujarat Alkali
- Wockardt Pharma
- BHEL (Abysmal relationship between topline and bottomline)
- GE Shipping
- DLF (Still a proprietory company !!!)
- Aditya Birla Nova (Insurance premium googly)
- SRF Ltd (Re-structuring only option to improve)
- Essar Oil (Washout Q4 but no indication from management)
- Siemens Ltd (Consistently failing market perception – No hope on OPM)
- Maruti Udyog (Surprise depreciation decision – but only good representative of Indian car industry)
- NDTV Ltd (120 crore loss – come on Prannoy – do some re-jig)
Friday, May 2, 2008
Kamalhasan's Dasavatharam Audio Release
Himesh Reshammya (Himesh Bhai) has composed tunes for the first time to a south indian movie. We know him for his techno sounds, nasal Ooooo's in Hindi. Let us see whats in store for us...Good that i didnt have any expectations :)
Mukuntha: A soothing bhajan song on Lord Krishna, well sung by Sadhna Sargam. On the final stages of the song, one grandma's (Kamal ?) voice adds up and contributes as distraction !!!
Ulaga Nayagan: Clean techno song. Full of glorification to Kamal. Nothing beyond that. One line of the song goes like this "United Nations will invite you" by Vairamuthu, utter nonsense !!! Gentle feminine voice of Vinith carries this song nicely. Irony of this song, "come dance with me before you go" is the most attractive line which keeps lingering on our minds:)
Kaa Karupanukkum: Another techno song, well sung by Shalini Singh. But forgettable song.
Kallai Mattum Kandal: Energetically sung by Hariharan and excellent tune. Looks like Kamal puts his "baktha" acting rather than "aetheist" acting. His character name is most likely "rangarajan" (Ah what a kandupidippu !!!). This song catches the attention immediately and ending with nice aalap. Vaali has written this song very well.
Saivam endru parthal deivam theriyathu
theivam endru parthal samayam kidayathu
kallai mattum kandal kadavul theriyathu
kadavul mattum kandal kall-adhu theriyathu
(If one looks at saivam then one cant see god
if one sees god then one cant see community
if one sees idol / stone then one cant see god
if one sees god then one cant see the idol / stone)
Oh Oh Sanam: Himesh bhai has sung this techno tamil song. Another forgettable song.
Oh Oh Sanam: Kamal has sung this slower version - so that one can understand the lyrics :); Nothing more that. Beat which comes after pallavi and before the first stanza sounds like the beat of "Ah Ah aashiqui hain meri" of 36 China town.
Audio release function: I caught up with this function on May 1 on TV. My opinion of this entire program goes like this:
Oscar Ravichandran built his early career by successfully distributing Jackie Chan's movies. So., he invited Jackie to this function. We respect the sincerity of the producer for not forgeting his past. You are very nice sir....
But things happened on that day can be classified as utter nonsense, sheer waste of money, time, energy of everyone concerned. The entire tamasha can be called as "self glorification by you scratch my back and i scratch yours" and "kakkai pidithal or ice" of dignitaries. TN CM has got better things to say about Jackie than Kamal !!!!!
By the way, Dhaam Dhoom song " Pudhu Pudhu" is the only song which sounds attractive and weird for the first 2-3 times. But it sinks in fast after 2-3 attempts and sounds as real cool song of the recent days.
Glorious Indian IT Industry
Indian IT industry started way back in 1970s came to the forefront in Y2K and exponentially grown over many years. I wanted to pay tribute to this glorious ride to top…. As I worked in this industry for the last 7 years, my reading is un-biased & is based out of experience… No special point for timing of this write-up !!!
Things to cherish:
- Healthiest, powerful growth of middle class (responsible for the growth of Indian Economy)
- Provided alternative job opportunity to traditional industries
- Abroad travel
- Young turks' spending culture
- Got global recognition by work
- Exposure to new technology
- Flat org structure
- The best application ever developed – Indian railways ticket booking system – by CMC
- MS Office Suite – most useful application for daily survival
- Side Effects – Casual Sex as culture, Night-Outs at work, made fire fighting as culture
Things to focus in future
- Quality of deliverable
- Pro-active Customer service rather than reactive to customer complaints
- Focus on Bug reduction
- Development of Re-Usable components
- Proper project management
- Consultative approach