My opinion on Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na album of A R Rahman for the Aamir Khan's production film:
1) Kabhi Kabhi Aditi Zindagi - sung by Rashid Ali
Catchy, peppy, additictive number. Pick of the album. Rashid Ali freaks out with little feminine tint. Lovely use of guitar.
Rashid held his voice beautifully in high pitch as ice as normal singing. This song is sure to to be in eveyrone's lips through 2008.
2) Pappu Cant Dance by Anupama, Benny Dayal, Blazee, Tanvi, Darshana, Satish Subramanium, Aslam
Another catchy, peppy, energetic number. Cool lyrics, well sung by the gang. Good support by Blazee. All kind of voice you hear - techno, screamy, scratchy etc... Another sure hit from this album.
3) Jaane Tu Mera Kya Hai (Aditi) - sung by Runa
Situational song describing transit from friendship to Love. Simple tune.
4) Nazrein Milaana Nazrein Churaana sung by Benny Dayal, Satish Chakravarthy, Naresh Iyer, Darshana, Shwetha, Tanvi, Bhargavi, Anupama
Another fast number. Big gang is singing cant make out who is when !!
5) kahi to hogi ho - sung by Rashid Ali, Vasundhara Das
Soothing tune, average.
6) Tu Bole Main Boloon - sung by AR. Rahman
Rahman has composed this Jazz number after Sillunnu Oru Kadhal.Seductive humming, superb use of Sax, catchy tune. Drumming and guitar compliments Sax finely in this song. This tune would catch up with picturisation effect, i suppose.
7) Jaane Tu Meri Kya Hai (Jai) - sung by Sukhwindher Singh
Sounds like a pathos version for me. Instrumentation is different from Runa's version, with chorus. Sukhwindher elevates this simple tune with his energetic, high pitch singing.
8) Pappu Cant Dance (Remix) sung by Anupama, Benny Dayal, Blazee, Tanvi, Darshana, Satish Subramanium, Aslam
Surprise remix with more techno sound.
Lyrics of Abbas Tyrewala are simple and straight forward. Special kudos for Damn cute lyrics in Aditi song. Rahman has done enough justice to the launch pad of Aamir Khan's nephew Imran Khan for sure :)
Post a Comment