The 32nd edition of Chennai Book Fair will be inaugurated on Thursday (Jan 8, 2009) by former President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, who will also present the ‘Kalaignar Mu. Karunanidhi’ award for the year 2009.
The 10-day fair, being held at St. George’s Anglo Indian School on Poonamalee High Road (Near Pachayappa College), will comprise 588 stalls, and spread over 1.75 lakh sq.ft.
About 460 booksellers and publishers are expected to participate.
The entry ticket for all persons above the age of 12 is Rs.5. The fair will be open from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on working days and 11 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. on holidays.
Update on 14th Jan, 2009 - What can you expect in Chennai book fair....
1. 600 stalls compared to 450 last year
2. Good amount of collections for children
3. Some new books on sri lanka, srilankan tamils
4. Same Che, Marx, Vairamuthu, Ponniyin Selvan (at reduced prices), Sujatha collections
5. Second hand english fiction books at 4-5 stalls
Post a Comment