Album - Delhi-6; Dilli-6
Music By - A R Rahman
Over all Rating - Must Listen
1) Aarti (Tumre Bhavan Mein) By Rekha Bharadwaj, Kishori Gowariker, Shraddha Pandit, Sujata Majumdar - 4/5 - Brief Bhajan; humming ending enhances the spiritual mood of the song;
2) Arziyan (Maula) By Javed Ali, Kailash Kher - 4/5 - Lenghthiest song of Rahman - 8.42 min !!! Qawwali song for ghar aaya situation; Wonderful singing by Javed and Kailash; Basic instruments and simple orchestration of a typical Qawwali song. Wonder what the director could have reacted to the length of the song!
3) Bhor Bhaye By Shreya Ghosal, Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan, Gujri Todi 4/5 - Brief traditional hindustani variety song; shreya's show all the way;
4) Delhi 6 By Blaaze, Benny Dayal, Vivinenne Pocha, Tanvi, Claire - 4.5/5 - Hip hop variety song; husky singing by ladies; Catchy tune gets addictive when played multiple times.
5) Dil Gira Dafatan By Ash King, Backing Chinmayee - 4/5 - Soothing song, finely sung by Ash King; sweetly supported by chinmayee. Fine use of guitar with typical rahman way of music arrangements; Sudden burst of rhythm takes you by surprise between 2:24 to 3:00;
6) Genda Phool By Rekha Bharadwaj, Shraddha Pandit, Sujata Majumdar - 4.5/5 - Brief Folk song with techno beats in background; I could not resist imagining Madhu Bala on the screen ! 2.08 to end captures the natural background.
7) Hey Kaala Bandar By Karthik, Naresh, Srinivas, Bony Chakravarthy - 4/5 - Fast techno song with Rap interludes thrown in between, goes easy with a wonderful mediteranian interlude in between;
8) Masakali By Mohit Chouhan - 5/5 - catchy rustic tune; Amazingly good singing by Mohit; rhythemic lyrics, good use of alliteration by Prasoon Joshi; Different orchestration, different instruments used by Rahman - second stanza music is damn good especially;
9) Rehna Tu By A R Rahman, Benny Dayal, Tanvi - 5/5 - soft melody; as silky as satin; carnatic finish takes you to heaven; Song sung by Rahman never fails to impress - he manages to seduce us this time too.
Unbelievably good stuff by Rahman - a never before like album. Increased expectation on the movie considerably. Rahman breaks the tradition of pallavi-music-Charanam 1 -pallavi-music-Charanam 2 stuff in Rehna Tu and Dil Giri Dafatan and re-arranged it such a way to create further interest in listening.
I feel One thing for sure after listening to Jodhaa Akbar, Jaane Tu, Slum Dog & Delhi 6 - insha allah, Rahman will take the music to next level unlike many of the past greats failed to do;
Good Review !! Songs are good !!!ReplyDelete
Your blog is very informative and gracefullyReplyDelete
your guideline is very good.Thank you.Please visit in chowringhee laxminagar Restaurant for test and variety in kathi roll..
chowringhee laxmi nagar